Hi, I am Kishwar Ahmed. I am an Assistant Professor at Department of Computer Science at University of South Carolina Beaufort. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the School of Computing and Information Sciences at Florida International University (FIU) under the supervision of Prof. Jason Liu in 2018. I received my Master’s in Computer Science from FIU in 2017 and my Bachelor’s in Computer Science and Engineering from the Department of Computer Sciences and Engineering at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2009. I was a Research Aide at Argonne National Laboratory during Summer 2017.
My research interests are broadly in the areas of high-performance computing (HPC) systems and cyber-physical systems. More specifically, my research interests include modeling and simulation, parallel computing, interconnection network, and energy-efficiency. I am particularly focusing on the accurate, scalable, and efficient modeling and simulation of HPC systems.
For more information, please check out Kishwar’s CV.
[10/2019] Our paper titled “Thermal-Aware Power Capping Allocation Model for High Performance Computing Systems” has been accepted in IEEE CSCI 2019. (Acceptance rate: 17%)
[10/2019] I will serve in the Program Committee for the ACM SIGSIM Conference on Principles of Advanced Discrete Simulation (ACM SIGSIM PADS 2020), Miami, FL, USA.
[09/2019] I was awarded travel grant to attend NSF MERIT Workshop, Chicago, IL, October 7, 2019.
[07/2019] I was awarded NSF travel grant to attend NeTS Early Career Workshop, Alexandria, VA, August 5-6, 2019.
[06/2019] I was awarded NSF travel grant to attend 2019 NSF Aspiring CSR PIs Workshop, Alexandria, VA, June 20-21, 2019.
[06/2019] Our paper titled “Simulation of Energy-Efficient Demand Response for High Performance Computing Systems” has been accepted in WSC 2019, National Harbor, MD, USA.
[05/2019] I was awarded faculty travel grant to attend NSF MERIF Education Workshop, Washington, DC, May 29-30, 2019.
[04/2019] I will serve in the Technical Program Committee for the Winter Simulation Conference (WSC 2019).
Selected Publications (Full List)
- Kishwar Ahmed, Kazutomo Yoshii, and Samia Tasnim, “Thermal-Aware Power Capping Allocation Model for High Performance Computing Systems,” at IEEE CSCI 2019. (Acceptance rate: 17%)
- Kishwar Ahmed, Jason Liu, and Xingfu Wu, “An Energy Efficient Demand-Response Model for High Performance Computing Systems,” at IEEE MASCOTS 2017. [paper] (Acceptance rate: 23.8%)
- Kishwar Ahmed, Mohammad Obaida, Jason Liu, Stephan Eidenbenz, Nandakishore Santhi, and Guillaume Chapuis, “An Integrated Interconnection Network Model for Large- Scale Performance Prediction,” at ACM SIGSIM PADS 2016. [paper]
- Mohammad A. Islam, Kishwar Ahmed, Hong Xu, Nguyen H. Tran, Gang Quan, and Shaolei Ren, “Exploiting Spatio-Temporal Diversity for Water Saving in Geo-Distributed Data Centers,” at IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. [paper] (Impact factor: 7.93)
- Kishwar Ahmed, Mohammad A. Islam, and Shaolei Ren, “A Contract Design Approach for Colocation Data Center Demand Response,” at IEEE/ACM ICCAD 2015. [paper] (Acceptance rate: 24.6%)
- Mohammad A. Islam, Kishwar Ahmed, Shaolei Ren, and Gang Quan, “Exploiting Temporal Diversity of Water Efficiency to Make Data Center Less “Thirsty”,” at USENIX ICAC 2014). [paper] (Acceptance rate: 20.3%)
- Kishwar Ahmed, Mohammad A. Islam, Shaolei Ren, and Gang Quan, “Can Data Center Become Water Self-Sufficient?,” at USENIX HotPower 2014. [paper] (Acceptance rate: 34%)